If you are trying to eat healthier, chances are you are going to want to add some fruit to your diet. You deserve to have the Perfect Fruit Salad, and this one is the best of the best!
The yummy sauce really takes the fruit to the next level. Perfect to make for lunches or potlucks, this fruit salad is such a wonderful and healthy treat!
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, cubed
- 2 cups strawberries, bulled and sliced
- 3 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 2 cups blueberries
In a sauce pan heated to medium-high heat, add your orange juice, lemon juice, brown sugar, orange zest, and lemon zest, whisking together.
Simmer until slightly thickened, should take about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Set aside to cool.
Chop up all your fruits into bite sized pieces and add them to a large bowl. Put them in the order of pineapples, strawberries, kiwi fruit, bananas, oranges, grapes then blueberries.
Pour the cooled sauce over the fruit.
Refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving.