Look no further, this is the latest in new ways of enjoying that cuppa joe! Coffee Float Jello is the most refreshing way of getting in your caffeine fix this summer (other than iced coffee, of course), and once you try it, you’ll want to make it again and again!
Now, coffee is getting the biggest spotlight here, but you can’t forget the ice cream float layer! Easily make some vanilla ice cream jello and add your solid coffee jello, set it up in the fridge until set, then enjoy! This will be a big hit at your next summer barbecue!
For the coffee jello:
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold coffee
- 3 cups hot coffee
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
For the ice cream jello:
- 3 envelopes gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- For the coffee jello, in medium bowl, stir gelatin into cold coffee and let stand for 10 minutes, until it’s absorbed and softened.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until completely dissolved.
- Pour into a 9×13 baking dish and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, until firm.
- Cut into cubes and transfer to an 8×8 baking dish. Store in the fridge while making the ice cream layer.
- For the ice cream layer, sprinkle 3 packets of gelatin over cold water and let it sit until it’s absorbed and softened. Pour boiling water over and stir until dissolved. Add in sugar and stir then set aside.
- Place the 2 cups of ice cream in a small pot. Melt in the microwave until it’s liquid.
- Stir the melted ice cream into the gelatin mixture then let it sit to come to room temperature.
- Pour the ice cream over the coffee cubes and refrigerate overnight. Cut into cubes and serve them up for a new way to get your caffeine fix!